More than 200,000 people are hurt in Southern California crashes every year. Sadly – yes, Car accidents can happen — even to the safest, most careful drivers on the road. If you’ve been seriously injured in a major car accident in California at the fault of another driver, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering.
When another driver’s negligence caused the wreck, that driver’s insurance company will compensate you for any losses such as medical expenses, car repairs, and lost wages, even pain and suffering. The hassle of car accident insurance claims comes in if you are offered the lowest acceptable amount for a settlement.
It’s quite challenging to put a fair price on pain and suffering. The insurance company might offer much lower than you expect. So getting a Los Angeles car accident lawyer to advocate for you and protect your interests during extremely difficult time is deemed necessary to know what legal rights you have to ensure receiving a reasonable compensation.
It is recommended to contact an attorney as soon as possible following the accident. And it is advised NOT to give any statement to at-fault party’s insurance provider without consulting a lawyer to avoid statements that can be misconstrued and can later use against you.
In some cases, one doesn’t always end up filing a lawsuit to get a settlement payout. The lawyer and the insurance company may reach a suitable agreement to receive justly compensation. If not, you will need to sue and take the matter to Court.
- If it involves minor to major fatalities or any serious type of injury that required a trip to a doctor.
- If it puts you at-fault and you believe otherwise.
- If you are injured due to another person’s negligence to determine if you have the right for Personal Injury claim.
- If you are struggling to come to an agreement with the insurance company.
- File a complaint. The complaint will lay out the allegations against the defendant.
- The defendant will file an answer.
- The discovery process will occur.
- The trial will begin.
- The last phase is when the jury determines whether to award you any damages.